Josh Herst – Founder and CEO. Prior to launching TripHub, Josh was a Venture Partner with Madrona Venture Group and a strategic advisor and consultant to early stage technology and travel companies. Josh helped launch Expedia in 1996 and during his three years there, he led product planning, demand generation and business development for the travel service. He spent over eight years at Microsoft where he held several management positions including leading the launch of Passport and marketing for MSN's e-commerce properties. Previously Josh was a member of the Windows 95 and Windows 3.1 product management teams. He graduated magna cum laude from Washington University in St. Louis.
- Last group trip: Mini family reunion in San Francisco.
- Favorite group destination: Vail or Whistler.
- Dream group trip: Big group of friends and all the kids at the Four Seasons Hualalai, Hawaii. Luxurious, beautiful and kid friendly.
Michael McGinn – Vice President, Finance and Operations. Michael brings 12 years of travel industry experience to TripHub. Before joining the company, Michael spent over 5 years with Expedia as Senior Director of Corporate Finance and Director of Strategic Planning for their air and rental car businesses. Prior to Expedia, Michael spent 6+ years with Northwest Airlines, initially managing pricing for vacation packages and other specialty products, and then leading pricing strategy for the North America route system. Michael also led a finance team focused on Northwest’s alliance partnerships with KLM and Continental. Michael has a MBA from the Amos Tuck School in Hanover, NH.
- Last group trip: Family reunion to celebrate my grandfather’s 90th birthday in New York City.
- Favorite group destination: New Orleans for Jazz Fest. My college friends celebrated our birthdays together with our spouses by renting a house just outside the French Quarter.
- Dream group trip: Beach vacation, anywhere, with old school friends and their families.
John Pope – Vice President, Marketing. Prior to joining TripHub, John was with Microsoft for nine years where he held a variety of marketing and strategic planning management positions. Most recently, John led product, marketing, and business strategy for MSN’s media properties including the MSN.com home page, Money, Autos, Entertainment, Video, News, Travel and Health. Cumulatively, these properties generated more than $750 million revenue. Earlier in his career, John helped launch Expedia and Microsoft Passport. Prior to Microsoft, John co-founded Corporate VAT Management, a software start-up and the leading provider of automated VAT recovery and reporting services. He received his BA in Psychology from Bowdoin College in Brusnwick, Maine.
- Last group trip: Brunswick Maine for Bowdoin College reunion with 3 other families.
- Favorite group destination: Nassau, Bahamas.
- Dream group trip: Heli-skiing out of Banff, Canada.
Chris Kinsella – Development Manager. Chris brings over a decade of application and Web development experience to TripHub. Prior to joining TripHub, Chris worked at Microsoft where he was responsible for re-architecting MSN TV’s portal and extending MSN's worldwide subscription billing site (localized for 56 markets) to support additional client devices. Chris has also authored several client and server side applications for Atlas DMT (an operating unit of aQuantive, Inc.). Chris received his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from State University of New York, Buffalo.
- Last group trip: A dozen friends in the Alps and Paris for three weeks to watch the Tour de France and do some riding.
- Favorite group destination: Europe. I’m a sucker for good food, good wine, good beer, and good transit.
- Dream group trip: Somewhere tropical and exotic... Southeast Asia.
Greg Marks – Development Manager. Greg has been building web applications since 1995. Prior to joining TripHub, Greg was with Microsoft where he held a number of development positions. Greg was a member of the team which built the first version of Microsoft Passport and Passport Wallet. Greg also held key development roles in MSN Photos and Windows Live Spaces. Earlier in his career, Greg worked at BASIS, a systems integration company where he built custom intranet solutions. Greg attended UC Berkeley, majoring in Computer Science.
- Last group trip: Scuba diving trip to Belize and Mexico with friends.
- Favorite group destination: Caribbean, or anywhere with good diving and nightlife.
- Dream group trip: Multi-country tour in Europe.
Extended Team: Terry Alexander, Scott Campbell, Jocelyn Milici, Raymond Williams
[Ed: The team list above has been updated since the original post.]